Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Barney at the RNC

I haven't been this excited since I got to eat some of my own poop in Crawford.

First, Jenna mentions me during the convention yesterday. Great! (What Barbara didn't mention about the hamster: I ate it. I'm glad she didn't. Secret Service would have beaten the crap out of me).

Then Andy Card mentions me today:

Understand that the president cannot meet his responsibilities alone. He has a loving wife and loving daughters and they contribute so much to the president's ability to meet his obligations. He has a wonderful dog, Barney, that likes to visit the Oval Office a lot. And he contributes to the president's ability to meet his obligations.

If we lose the election, I've got to turn some of this p.r. into endorsements. Purina, maybe. Or Eukanuba.