Friday, October 08, 2004

Liveblogging - St. Louis

10:35 P.M. - Georgie closing: Who can lead? Who can get things done? We've been through wars and corporate scandals. We'll not rest till we're safe. There's more work to be done. ... I'm going to go home and scowl now. ... Good night.....

10:34 p.m. - JK closing: We're going to hunt down and kill the terrorists. We're going to train Iraqis. At home, the middle class is squeezed. We need to elevate our schools. America's best days are ahead of us. ... and how 'bout them Red Sox?

10:28 p.m. - Q: to Georgie: Name 3 mistakes you've made ... Getting Saddam was no mistake. ... Um. ... Letting Michael Moore make a movie. ... Um, oh, yeah, made some bad appointments, not going to tell you who, though. It would piss off Powell too much. ..

10:25 p.m. - Georgie: I have no idea what Kerry just said. ... But, this I know. Every pregnancy I protect is a potential GOP voter in 18 years.

10:23 p.m. - Q: to JK - Abortion as murder, and tax dollars for that? ... JK: Religion is big for me. It's guided me through a war.... did I tell you I've won three purple hearts?

10:20 p.m. - Q: to Georgie on Supreme Court picks? ... Georgie: No one who said you couldn't say "one nation under God. ..." .... Or anyone who said I don't have the sense of a turnip. ... JK: I like someone like Potter Stewart. ... (backstage, Britney Spears says she didn't know Harry Potter was a judge, just thought he was a wizard).

10: 18 p.m. - Georgie again: I balance science and ethics. ... is that right, Rove?

10:17 p.m. - JK rebuts: He's waffling. Let me tell you - I know waffling when I see it.

10:16 p.m. - Georgie answers (and this man on the edge of the stage is trying to borrow my biology book). ...

10:13 p.m. - Q: to JK - Why have stem cell research on embyros? ... (OMGosh, let me find my biology book). ... Chris Reaves is a friend of mine. I told him he NEVER should have made Superman II. Stem cells might have helped him come to his senses.

10:10 p.m. - Hey, Rove, can I have some kibble? (Hey, who are you talking to in that microphone?)

10:08 p.m. - Taxes, taxes, taxes. ... I'm getting sleepy. Isn't that what H&R Block for? ...

10:02 p.m. - Q: to Georgie - how good are you on the environment? ... Georgie: "I guess you'd say I'm a good steward of the land." ... Excellent. I mean, he won't even let me poop in the Rose Garden anymore. (Occasionally, though, I pee in Cheney's office - mostly in his Darth Vader mask).

9:57 p.m. - JK: I'm not going to cut taxes on those who make less than $200,000. ... Sorry, Charlie (Gibson). You're going to pay. That comely Diane Sawyer, too.

9:56 p.m. - JK: "No Lobbyist Left Behind bill." ... Rove is NOT LAUGHING. ...

9:53 p.m. - Gibson asks how either is going to cut the deficit. ... Georgie: Stock market was in correction, a long time. ... Why, I only had a zinc spoon in my mouth.

9:49 p.m. - Q: to Georgie - haven't vetoed a spending bill by GOP House and Senate. ... Georgie: We had a deficit. ... and we're at war. ... and I had to spend it, before Kerry wiped us out spending on hair cuts and European ties. ... And I gave everyone a tax cut. ... Did you hear me? TAX CUT!!!!!

9:48 p.m. - JK: you can't use labels. ... stick and stones. Ha!

9:47 p.m. - Georgie: He's liberal, liberal, liberal.

9:42 p.m. - Georgie rebuts: If they're safe, they're coming. ... Yup. Just look at Michael J. Fox.

9:40 p.m. - JK: Four years ago, he was asked the same question. Four years ago. ... The pres. just didn't level with you. (Georgie's writing again: ... uh-oh, starts with F, ends with U. ... OMG, is that Cheney wearing a Georgie mask?

9:39 p.m. - Q: to Georgie - why no inexpensive drugs from Canada? ... Georgie: I want to make sure it cures you, doesn't kill you. ...Yes, like Labatts.

9:36 p.m. - Hughes is daring Georgie to say BOTOX!!!!! as loud as he can. ... Wrong war, wrong place, wrong time. ... Guess Georgie didn't get the sign.

9:24 p.m. - Randy asks about Iran and nukes (Oh, please, Georgie, it's IRAN, not Duran Duran ... Hey, why is Rove turning pale again? Rove, you OK?). ... JK is talking about yellow cake. Yum. ...

9:21 p.m. - JK answers "Nicky". ... Georgie is writing again: "Bring ... it. ... on. ... I'll ....kick ... your a ...." Oh, he just stood up. He's talking about Tommy Franks. Great! He remembered he was a general!

9:17 p.m. - Georgie: "I talk to Tony Blair all the time." Yes! Great! That's true. They talked the other day: "Hey, that Liz Hurley's a looker, isn't she?"

9:14 - Oooh, Georgie's writing something. ... smiley face, smiley face, tic-tac-toe. ...

9:11 p.m. - Kerry responds on WMDs. ... Where's my chew toy? ... Uh-oh, global test. ... do you take that with a No. 2 pencil?

9:08 p.m. - Q: to Georgie - what about those WMDs? -- OMG. ... scrowl, Georgie. Talk about JK's orange tan. Ask Charlie if we can have a Wolfgang Puck cookbook. ... (Hey, Rove, what's wrong? Why so pale? ...)

9:06 p.m. - Georgie responds on JK wishy-washiness: Damn straight he is ... Next question?

9:04 p.m. - Q: to JK - You're too wishy-washy. ... Yes, ski-boarding one week, wind-surfing the next. Ha!

8:52 p.m. - Testing. Testing. Charlie Gibson is testing the mic. He's already spent 5 minutes talking about the Red Sox beating the Angels.