Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Tempe - Liveblogging

Liveblogging - Tempe, Ariz., presidential debate

8:26 p.m. - Testing, testing. This is a test.

8:29 p.m. - Thank god O'Reilly isn't here. I don't want to know what it's like to be "petted" by him.

8:42 p.m. - Janet Brown, CPD exec director is talking to everyone. Her earrings are bigger than my collar.

9:06 p.m. - Schieffer: Will we ever be safe? ... JK: Yes. We need to check cargo holds, fire houses, strip clubs, package stores. ... Georgie: Afghan people voted - and there were no complaints from Dade or Broward.

9:13 p.m. - Flu shots? Flu shots? ... Rove just had a shot of Jack Daniels. Yum.

9:23 p.m. - JK: Anybody can play with votes. I voted for tax cuts BUNCHES of times. ... Do you know how much tax Teresa has to pay every second?

9:28 p.m. - JK: We're all God's children (Democrats believe in God? Hey, Rove, is that true?). ... and, by the way, Dick Cheney's daughter is a LESBIAN!!!

9:36 p.m. - Schieffer: Whose fault is it that health care costs so much? JK: Bush won't let you get cheap drugs from Canada. .... Georgie: JK has no record of leadership. He's a liberal, liberal, liberal (Rove is backstage here pumping his fists). ... JK: Bush is a liar.

9:45 p.m. - Schieffer: Where will you get the money to pay for your retirement savings plan? ... Georgie: Halliburton, maybe? .... JK: Teresa?

9:52 p.m. - Schieffer: 8,000 people cross the border illegally everyday. What do you think about it? .... Georgie: Get a worker card. Kinda like a hall pass. Let's not have amnesty. ...

9:57 p.m. - Sschieffer: Raise minimum wage? ... JK: I'd raise it to $7 an hour - and get 9.2 million more votes. Of course I'll raise it. ... Georgie: Let's have more homework and tests. Really, that's a jobs program. ... Have I mentioned? JK is a liberal. LIBERAL!!!!!

10:01 p.m. - Rove is making sure Georgie's wire is plugged in (Rove: Liberal, liberal, liberal).

10:10 p.m. - JK: I've got guns. Did I mention I'm a hunter. I LOVE guns. Did all you hunters in Ohio and Wisconsin and Florida hear me?

10:13 p.m. - Georgie: I love the Black Congressional Caucus. ... Did you hear that down in Florida? Ohio?. ... If Jesse Jackson were on the stage, I'd kiss him on the lips.

10:16 p.m. - Schieffer: How important is faith to you, Mr. President? ... Georgie: We're all Americans and can worship as we wish - even Catholics. ... JK: I believe in God, too. God, God, God. ... Did you hear me in rural Iowa? The West Virginia mountains?

10:21 p.m. - Schieffer: What happened to all the love after 9/11? ... JK: It was cool when Daschle hugged Bush. It gave me a warm fuzzy. ... Georgie: Did I mention No Child Left Behind? Ted Kennedy? And why does he keep brining up McCain? Damn, I forgot to say his name. I think my wire is going dead.

10:24 p.m.. - Schieffer: What did you learn from being married to strong women? ... Georgie: "To listen to them. ... to stand up straight and not scowl." [Full disclosure: He was talking about Hughes. ... Ow, Rove just hit me with his shoe.]. ... JK: We all married up - me especially. Damn, I am a rich fool.