Monday, November 08, 2004

More Rove ... this time on Meet the Press with Russert

I didn't get my usual morning walk to the Mall Sunday because Rove was off showboating. I'm going to chew his loafers. He was on "Meet the Press," explaining his architect ways:


MR. RUSSERT: We asked the people leaving the voting booth why they voted for a certain candidate, what was the most important issue, and here is what we found. Moral values--22 percent said that was the most important issue. They sided with the president, 80 to 18. Those who said the economy and jobs--20 percent sided with John Kerry; same number, 80-18. Terrorism--19 percent of the voters, they sided with George W. Bush, 86-14. Iraq--15 percent opted for John Kerry; those who thought Iraq was the most important issue. And health care also overwhelmingly for John Kerry. When you read or see or hear moral values, what does that mean?

MR. ROVE: Well, I think it's people who are concerned about the coarseness of our culture, about what they see on the television sets, what they see in the movies, what they read in the newspapers, how they see the values of the country, what they see as the future for our country.


Later, Rove told Russert why he was so comfortable telling Georgie he couldn't, wouldn't lose, by relating his favorite movie quote:

You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.


Hughes and I just roll our eyes. ... Pat Robertson just kneels and drools from the side of his mouth. I lick him to make sure he's OK.