Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Rehnquist: Recuperating. ... watching

I've been on Air Force One all day, so I'm just getting to some things.

Like this from Supreme Court justice William Rehnquist:

"I underwent a tracheotomy nine days ago and, at the suggestion of my doctors, am continuing to recuperate at home. According to my doctors, my plan to return to the office today was too optimistic. I am continuing to take radiation and chemotherapy treatments on an outpatient basis.

"While at home, I am working on court matters, including opinions for cases already argued. I am, and will continue to be, in close contact with my colleagues, my law clerks, and members of the Supreme Court staff."
He went on to say: "I'll be watching returns on Fox the rest of the day. If it gets close, I'll be in the court bright and early Wednesday."